Dr Jim Teo Yeow Kwan is a respiratory physician and intensivist based in the private practice. He is accredited in internal medicine, respiratory medicine and intensive care medicine with special interests in asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, non-invasive ventilation and intensive care medicine.
The Respiratory Practice
SingMed is happy to announce a collaboration with The Respiratory Practice, to provide Specialized patient care in respiratory.
The Respiratory Practice begins with Dr Jim Teo, with a simple vision in mind – to give everyone suffering from lung problems, a new breath of life.
First started at Mount Alvernia Hospital, since then it has expanded into a group practice with 4 specialists and 5 clinics that are supported by a team of Nurses, Lung function specialists and clinic executives.
As specialists in the field of lung and intensive care medicine, we understand the importance of breathing in every person’s life. With every new breath, our bodies are reinvigorated with life-giving oxygen, while carbon dioxide, the product of metabolism, is expelled – a simple process happening naturally in most of us, but crucially laboured for those with lung problems.
The Respiratory Practice strives to provide excellent, uncompromised professional respiratory general and subspecialty care for every single patient. Our practice is well equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic equipments set in a comfortable, pleasant clinic environment.
Bronchoscopy and Lung Biopsy
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Lung biopsy under fluoroscopy
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
Lung Function Testing
- Spirometry (pre/post bronchodilator)
- Flow volume loop
- Lung volume measurement
- Diffusion study (DLCO)
- Methacholine challenge test
- Exercised-Induced Asthma Testing
MANAGEMENT OF LUNG CONDITIONS
- Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Pneumonia and Tuberculosis
- Lung tumours
- Chronic cough
- Diseases of the pleura
- Chronic lung infections
- Management of critically ill patients in medical ward, high dependency ward and ICU
- CT-guided percutaneous lung biopsy
- Pleural biopsy
- Thoracentesis/ chest tap and chest drain (with/ without ultrasound guided)
- Skin prick test (aero-allergy and food allergy)
- Exhaled nitric oxide measurement (for asthma)
- Pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Long term oxygen therapy
- Home ventilator management
- Outpatient & Intravenous management
Dr Steve Yang obtained his basic medical degree from the National University of Singapore in 1994, and subsequently received training in Respiratory Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine at Singapore General Hospital (SGH).